Wednesday 18 March 2009

Stealing

http://www.helium.com/knowledge/8695-reasons-why-some-people-steal
I'm proud to say that I've never stolen anything in my life....well not knowingly, apparently when I was 3, I stole a little duck shaped pencil sharpener from a nursery, big confession I know, please don't judge me for it!

Thing is, I've always felt that the guilt would be too much for me and that there is a degree of desperation about it. I suppose I'm lucky in that I've never wanted anything that desperately, that I couldn't have. There's also the big worry that I'd get caught, causing a whole lot of problems and trouble and losing a lot of trust that my family and friends have in me. Talking about family and friends, that is one thing I would never do, steal from them. You need these people in your life and why anyone would steal from them I don't know, it absolutely baffles me.

I suppose it could be argued that you can get things for free from stealing, but surely you can't walk proudly while wearing a stolen jumper or trainers or anything which you haven't really earned yourself or been given as a gift.

1 comment:

  1. I’ve never stolen anything in my life either, and I never would. I think the main reason for this is that I have too much of a fear of getting caught, and would hate to be branded a thief. I’d much rather work and save up for anything I wanted, rather than have a criminal record, or even if I got away with it, you are still left with a sense of guilt, and you will eventually get caught anyway.
    Stealing from family and friends is a big NO for me as well! Then again people, who do steal from family and friends, normally have some sort of problem, such as drug, or drink dependences, which is no excuse, but makes me thankful, that I am not in their desperate position, where they need these things regardless of the consequences.
    To me there is no positive about stealing, just earn things for yourself! Then you can proudly walk round with what you own, knowing, that you have it purely because you worked for it.

    ReplyDelete