Thursday 19 February 2009

Smoking

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/health_advice/facts/smokehealth.htm
Personally, I don't smoke and have very few relatives or friends who do, but those I know who do smoke regularly, tell me how much they regret starting in the first place. Yet they do not stop. Why?

I've tried cigarettes a couple of times before and personally felt they were flavourless (likely reason for that being that on both occasions I've been rather drunk and probably still have the taste of sambucca in my mouth) but I've had no urge to want another since.

There's a lot of negatives associated with smoking, I aint going to go into the health problems linked with it, we've all heard of those and are aware by now, but I also struggle to understand why anyone would want to go into smoking with the short-term problems linked to it.

For a start, smoking cigarettes creates one disgusting smell, and your teeth and fingers go a weird yellow stained smell! Plus with the smoking ban in pubs, offices etc, smoking must be an absolute nightmare in the winter and cold nights when you have to keep standing outside to 'have a fag'. And the cost! It's quite an expensive habit, unless you're scaving them off your mates of course, may I ask any smokers reading this, how much do you spend on smoking a week.

Another thing I would like to ask the smokers out there, is would any of you, seriously, recommend smoking to someone close to you, or even anyone at all? Or is there something I'm missing or is smoking just an image thing for many people?

No comments:

Post a Comment